How Do I Reserve/Place a Hold on an Item?
"Access to knowledge is the superb, the supreme act of truly great civilizations. Of all the institutions that purport to do this, free libraries stand virtually alone in accomplishing this mission." T. Morrison
Requesting Materials Online
The Waterville Public Library is a member of Minerva, a consortium of 61 libraries throughout the state of Maine who have agreed to allow borrowing between member libraries. You can request books, movies, audiobooks, music and other items from any Minerva library.
If you cannot find what you are looking for in the Waterville Public Library catalog, you can see if it is available for you to request at another Minerva library. To do this, click in the drop-down menu toward the upper right of the page, select “All Minerva Libraries,” and try your search again.
- Search the Minerva catalog for the item you want.
- If you find it, click the "Request" button.
- Type in your name and your library card number.
- We will call you when your item or items arrive here.
- If there is no library within Minerva that owns the item you want, click the "Search MaineCat" button to see the holdings of other Maine libraries.
- If you find what you need, click the "Request" button.
- Select Waterville Public Library from the very long drop-down menu and click "Submit Above Information".
- Type in your name and your library card number (under the barcode).
- We will call you when your item or items are available.